Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cursive Handwriting


I never liked writing in cursive and my handwriting in general was never very pretty or girly. Back in grade school I had friends that would make me practice writing. I was always told that your signature should be in cursive, but I notice more and more people using print for their signature. I think I could write everything here in cursive, it was always the uppercase Q that got me all confused.

A few months ago I saw an article on CNN.com about the disappearance of cursive handwriting in schools. The article said that in another generation or two no one will be able to read the declaration of independence in it's original form. As much as I hate writing in cursive, I think it should still be taught in school. One of the major reasons that cursive isn't taught anymore is because of computers and that the art of hand written letters is almost extinct.

One of the ways that handwriting was taught in school was through pen pals. I remember having one, but I can't remember her name. I always loved getting letters in the mail. Anyone want to be my pen pal?

2 comments:

KateGladstone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cursive Writing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.