These past 6 weeks I’ve been Spring cleaning so we can get the condo listed again next week. Here’s a list of things we’ve been doing:
- Bedroom closets
- Hallway closet
- Under sinks
- Kitchen cabinets
- Storage crawl space
A lot of things were thrown away or donated to Goodwill. I sent some of Jake’s clothes and toys to work for some co-workers. The rest went to a storage unit we are renting. We also removed some furniture from the basement, bedrooms, and living room.
- One bedroom was still the same since we moved in, so that is now a nice cream color called Sand Trap (Ace)
- Stained the deck which only needed it on all horizontal surfaces and took about 2 hours
We still need to touch up the trim outside and do the hallway down to the basement.
- Jake’s bedroom wall with crayon marks was cleaned with the Magic Eraser, worked great! Luckily the crayon was on the wall behind the door.
- The vertical blinds for the patio door were so dirty and grimy. They are cloth, so I figured before throwing in the towel I would see what happened if they went in the washing machine. They look brand new! Should have done that years ago.
- All windows inside and out were cleaned with Windex Foaming Glass and Multi-Surface Cleaner and it worked amazingly well!
- Wiped down all ceiling fans
- Basement carpet was cleaned with Resolve High Traffic Powder. This worked okay, a steam cleaner would probably make it even better.
- The shower stall in the basement was all Jamie. He removed all the doors, re-calked the inside, and did his best to clean all the doors. Not as good as we would like, but about as good as it will get.
- Cleaned up two flower beds and planted some wildflower seeds. I know it’s early, but I can always try again later.
- Jamie bought and installed a new entry door and a new door to the garage. They are so much better than the old ones.
- I put in a new screen for the front door and Jamie helped me with the patio screen. Advice: buy fiberglass screen, not aluminum screen.
- I re-glued some wallpaper that Jake liked to pull on.
- I replaced the ugly brick retainers under the deck with some better bricks.
- Grass seed was put down yesterday to try and patch some bad spots in the lawn. I hope this works.
We still need to fix/replace a corner piece of siding and also a downspout.
We have done so much and I really hope that we are able to sell the condo. The hardest part is just keeping it clean all the time which is hard to do with a 3 year old.