Saturday, January 5, 2013

The girls are getting crafty!

A year ago my friends and I decided to make gifts instead of buy them.  I really enjoy this much more and it makes it more interesting to see what everyone has been busy making. 

This year I made reversible aprons which was modified from this one-hour tutorial.  The tutorial only makes a one-sided apron but it wasn’t very thick and so I decided to use complimentary fabric on the other side. 

Unfortunately I don’t have any step-by-step pictures, but if anyone is interested I can try to make a schematic of what I did.  In the meantime, check out the link above.

These are the finished aprons showing both sides:

007

006

005

And Chris posted pictures on her blog of the one I gave her so you can see it worn:

Photos from Chris at What Makes Me Click

And here are the lovely gifts I received from my best girlfriends:

Jenny made this wonderful Almond Oil Sugar Scrub which I’m loving in my shower!

Photo from Jenny at JQuandt4

Becky made this fun Christmas wreath which Jacob loved the best!

Photo from Chris at What Makes Me Click

And Chris impressed us all by sewing us each a fabric pouch that had one of her own photos printed on the fabric inside.  Whoa!

001

002

No comments: