I came across an easy recipe for baked cod and decided to give it a try. It was quite tasty, but I made a few simple additions and it was even better.
4 cod filets, thawed
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup milk
15 Ritz crackers
1 tsp Penzy's Northwoods seasoning
- Sprinkle flour onto a small plate.
- Mix eggs and milk and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Crush Ritz crackers and combine with Northwoods seasoning. Spread onto a small plate.
- Pat dry each cod fillet. One fillet at a time, press into flour to coat well, then drench into egg/milk mixture and then press into crushed crackers to coat well. Continue with other fillets.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes or until they flake easily with a fork.
I also recently made homemade tartar sauce which was way better than store bought. The only downside is that it only keeps for 3 days, so modify as needed to make less.
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 tbsp pickle relish (or finely chopped pickles)
1 tbsp minced onion
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper
Mix mayo, pickles and minced onion together in a small bowl. Add lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.