Friday, January 22, 2010

Updates

Well, this has been a very busy week.  Jake’s 1st birthday party was last weekend!  I haven’t had time to upload many pictures yet, but Chris has some great pictures on her blog CMB photos.  Jake ate his chocolate cupcake without getting all that messy.  Julia and Norah on the other hand had cupcake everywhere!  That’s okay though, it was a very fun party.

I am taking Introductory Statistics at WCTC on Mon, Wed and Fri mornings from 8:30-9:30 before work.  I haven’t taken a math class in at least 11 years!  I had an issue with the first homework assignment, but I got through it. 

My bowling this half of the season has been much better.  I finished the last half at an average of 127 :(  But my last two Mondays I averaged 184 and 165 so my overall average will be going up.  I’m finally bowling more like I think I should. 

We had book club last night on “The Zookeeper’s Wife”.  I only made it halfway though before I gave up.  It was very dull and a very heavy topic of WWII Nazi Germans and their crazy ways.  Will I ever finish, maybe, but not likely.  Becky joined my book club and she seemed to enjoy it even though she also didn’t finish the book.  I have to pick the next book so hopefully I pick a good one.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Shelly, I'm SO close to finishing The Zookeeper's Wife...just about 50 pp. left!