Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chocolate pound cake

I got a new bundt pan for my birthday so I decided to make a chocolate pound cake.  I didn’t think the size of the pan was smaller than a 10” tube pan and it ended up overflowing in the oven.  When it was finished baking I cut off the overflowing part and then flipped it over.  It looks very pretty!  I am bringing it to my company picnic today so I don’t know how it tastes yet, but I am sure it will be yummy.

 001

I got this apron while shopping in Lake Geneva last week.  Isn’t it cute!

 002

I should have realized right away that there was too much batter in the pan!

 003007 The top picture is before powdered sugar and the flash made it look lighter in color.  The bottom picture is without a flash and closer to the color it actually looks.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That's a REALLY cute apron! I'm jealous!!!

Unknown said...

I dont know what it is but I love cute aprons too! If I had lots of money I would probably have a ton..funny thing is - I very rarely put one on. My favorite one is the style like yours but mine is old - I got it at a antique shop. World Market has had some really cute ones....I resisted...but it was hard!