Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is it on sale?

I hate to buy anything without a coupon or if it isn’t on a really good sale.  I love to clearance shop at Kohl’s.  They have the best discounts and I refuse to buy anything there that isn’t on sale because it will most likely go on sale in a week or so.  Even when I get a coupon in the mail from them I make sure what I am buying is also on sale. 

We buy Jake’s diapers at Babies R’ Us because we can get the most for our money but today I didn’t want to take the drive so I bought a small package at Wal-Mart.  Then when I got home I flipped through my Parenting magazine and found an Amazon.com coupon for buying diapers from them.  It was for 20% off plus free 2 day shipping.  Of course it was only good for 1 unit but I got the same ones I usually buy for about $10 cheaper.  Good deal to me and I don’t have to drive to the store! 

I had to buy some grow lights for work and I was telling my boss about the deal I found online and he looked at me like I was weird.  I got them at Amazon.com and did the free super saver shipping which says takes 5-9 days, but I got the light in 3 days so it worked out great.

I try to remember to use www.ebates.com for buying online.  I don’t always remember to use them, but when I do I always look for the store that gives me the best cash back reward.

I also started looking at www.groupon.com for the daily deals.  I just bought my first one for Stir Crazy. 

The only time I don’t use coupons is at the grocery store which I know seems weird.  I used to clip coupons all the time, but I never kept up with them and then they were expired.  But I do look to see if anything on my list is on sale.  There are certain items that I refuse to buy generic for, but I’ll give it a try most of the time and then decide.  I just got Jamie into this habit, but that might have been a mistake.  Cherry Vanilla Diet Pepsi was on sale at our local grocery store for $0.98/12 pack and we now have a dozen 12 packs in our house.  It tastes okay and all, but Jamie doesn’t understand that he shouldn’t increase his soda habit just because they were only $0.08/can.  It’s not really saving as much when he drinks twice as many. 

No comments: