Thursday, January 5, 2012

On Hold

As you’ve noticed, I’ve been MIA this past month with my blogging.  I’m not sure why, but I’m just not feeling up to it these days.  Maybe it’s the winter blues, or maybe I don’t know what to talk about on here anymore, but I’ve decided to take a hiatus for a little while.  However, I will give you all some updates on what has been going on here these past few weeks…

Jamie, Jake & I took a road trip to Destin, FL two weeks before Christmas.  It was our first long trip in a car and really our first vacation together as a family, just us.  It was great, even the drive, Jake was a champ in the car!

Christmas was very nice and mostly relaxing, at least until the day after when I got a terrible cold that lasted about a little under a week (I think the probiotics really do help shorten these colds).  We have one Christmas left to celebrate with Jamie’s Dad.  It’s late and we vow to have it much closer to Christmas next year.

Jamie and I took a short overnight trip to St. Louis for New Year’s while Grandma & Grandpa Z. watched Jake for us.  I had gotten Jamie tickets to the Rams/49ers game on Jan 1 so we spent New Year’s Eve at Morgan Street Brewery for dinner, then we went to the Lumiere casino where I played my $100 for a good 2 hours at the blackjack table before leaving with $65.  Jamie on the other hand lost about $170 during this time.  Oh well!  We rang in the New Year in the hotel lobby bar where we were playing Rummy 500.  The football game was the quietest sporting event I’ve ever been to!  The stadium was about 1/2 filled and about a quarter of the fans were rooting for the 49ers.  We could actually hear the pom poms from the cheerleaders!  In the end the 49ers won, so Jamie was happy and we headed back home.

Jake has had some issues at daycare and was actually suspended for 1 day.  We are now considering our options, but it looks like we are going to have to take him somewhere else.  This has been very humiliating for us, he isn’t even 3 yet and we can’t believe this is the course of action they are taking. I want to thank my Mom and Dad for stepping in last minute so we could both get to work.

I am having LASIK eye surgery on Friday.  I’m very nervous, but I’m well informed and I am looking forward it. 

That’s about all for now.  I’ll try and post more often, but just be patient with me for now. 

No comments: