Saturday, April 25, 2009

Movie Night

Last night Jamie and I were blessed with a last minute baby sitter and we went to the movies. We saw "State of Play" with Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck. The synopsis is that a congressman and his former campaign manager-turned journalist find themselves on opposite sides after his research assistant/mistress turns up dead. We both enjoyed the movie very much and it reminded me of an old Robert Redford movie "Three Days of the Condor".

Growing up my parents watched a lot of older movies on AMC and TCM which I am thankful for now. There have been some great movies made back in 1930-1970 that most people my age won't ever see. Some of my favorite older movies are "Singing in the Rain", "Bringing Up Baby", "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner", and "12 Angry Men".

We saw the movie at the Rosebud which has couches instead of regular seats and you can order food and alcoholic beverages. They have put in some much nicer couches since the last time we were there. It is a really nice movie theater and we hope to make it back there again.

No comments: