Friday, July 10, 2009

Scantron


This past week I donated blood and started taking a cake decorating class. What would these two random things have in common? Well at both places I was asked to fill out a scantron sheet. I haven't had to fill out a scantron sheet in many, many years and I just thought it was so odd that I had to fill out two in the same week!

Okay, on to donating blood. I used to donate about once a year, but I hadn't since 2001, so I thought I better get back in there. I have O- which is the universal donor and anyone can receive my blood. Only 7% of the population has O- so I am going to try to go more often. They also say that less than 5% of the population that is eligible to donate blood do so. So if you have time (it only takes one hour), donate blood and be a hero.

I don't have too much to say about the cake decorating class since it just started, but I am excited to learn some new techniques. Stay tuned for some pictures in the following weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Mom took a cake decorating class a few years back and it was always the highlite of the week to get the email with the picture of the cake she decorated! They were funny, especially when she learned how to make clowns!

Shelly said...

We make a clown cake in week 3, so keep your eye out for that!