Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July, 2009


Jamie, Jake and I went up to Jamie's Aunt and Uncle's house on the lake. We enjoyed the wonderful weather with some swimming, fishing, golfing, fireworks and with some great food. I made some cupcakes and frosted them in blue and red and added a flag toothpick to make them even more festive. Jamie's friend, Brian, came along and brought with him some huge steaks. These were 1 1/2" thick and each averaged 1 1/2 lbs! Brian said he would give me $5 if I ate the whole thing(in honor of the old 96er). Here is the steak before I started:

I only finished half of it and I was plenty full at that point. $5 really isn't worth it to me.

Here is a picture of Jake on the 4th.

In the picture you can see the new OFF clipon that has been advertised this year. I am happy to say that it worked great. It was a much better than spraying him with bug spray since he sticks his hands and feet into his mouth. Jake and I only got a couple bites and I am happy to report that Jake's reaction to the bites are more like Jamie's and not like mine which are big and itchy.

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

No comments: