Sunday, July 29, 2012

Birthday Cards: The Cute, The Funny & The Obscure

I love finding cards in the mailbox, especially birthday cards.  It’s so much fun to see who sent them and what kind of card they sent.  Some are cute, some are funny and some are so bizarre I just don’t even know how to explain it.

Jamie’s card is sweet & sentimental

001

 

The cards from Jacob & my Mom are cute & funny

002006

 

Jamie’s Grandpa sends a nice card each year

003

 

My Nephew’s gave me a homemade card, aren’t they sweet?!?

004

 

These next ones are from my friends and are the ones I especially look forward to.

My quasi-sister-in-law gave me this sassy one

009

 

Becky sent this one which fits us to a tee… the inside says it’s from my “110 pound friend”.  Don’t worry Becky, you just had twins after all!

005

 

Chris sent me this one which foretells our future, I just hope I’m the one on the left, I like the yellow swim cap.

007

 

And then there’s Jenny’s card.  I don’t know where she found this, but there aren’t really words for this one.  The inside has a letter from the girl in the picture:

“This is one of my 1988 dance recital portraits.  I was twelve years old and obviously at the stage where I had no idea what to do with my body.  Everything was out of proportion; my glasses were too big, my tights were too big, and I could never get my bangs right.  The photographer posed us, and for me there was really no other option than the jazz hands.”

I think her bangs are the least of her worries.

008

 

Thank you so much to all my family and friends, I am so honored to have you all in my life.  You make me laugh and cry and sometimes at the same time.  May you continue to fill my mailbox and my heart full of your sentiments and humor.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Cute post, Shelly! Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

While I baked the birthday cake, dad went birthday card shopping. I'm sure he looked at every card before finding the one perfect one.