Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy thoughts

The past couple days I have been feeling low and depressed.  I tend to let these feelings take over so I’ve decided to think of things that make me feel happy. 

Baking… I just made two coffee cakes tonight.  For some reason I can bake and it instantly takes my mind off anything that is bothering me.  I think it has to do with finishing the task at hand and the yummy smells coming from the oven.  However, this can also backfire if what I am making is too involved or if I feel rushed to finish (ex. Jake’s 1st birthday cupcakes and the burger & fries for Nic’s party).

Fall… I hate winter, but I love Fall.  I love the cool nights and snuggling in blankets.  I love wearing jeans and sweaters.  I love the changing colors of the trees on my drive to and from work.  I love Fall decorations.  Everything in Fall just seems to slow down from the hectic busy summer.

Books… I love to read!  I love to read on my Kindle, but the book club book this month isn’t available on the Kindle, so I got it from the library.  I still love to read books the normal way and I like the smell of old books.

Pictures… I love looking at old pictures.  I have a few photo albums from when I was little and it makes me happy to see how we have all changed.  I really enjoy looking at Mom’s old photo albums of when she was a little girl.  I can’t believe how much Mom and Julia look alike at her age.

My family… Jamie and Jake can make me laugh so easily.  They are great for hugs and cuddling.  Charlie is also great for snuggling with.  He loves to stretch out on the blanket on my lap really makes my legs warm!  

What makes you happy?

No comments: