Saturday, August 27, 2011

Indoor/Outdoor

For the past 6 years Charlie has been an indoor cat (though he always thought otherwise).  Ever since I was pregnant with Jake, Charlie has been aggressive to me and recently he has started getting aggressive towards Jake.  Most of this aggression would come out when I was trying to leave the house and Charlie was trying to escape outside.  So to alleviate this problem we started letting him outside. 

IMG00282-20110723-1056

I was always worried that he would just leave and not come back and so I was surprised that he didn’t really go anywhere.  He would disappear for a couple minutes but then show back up next to me. 

IMG00305-20110731-0806

He enjoys sitting on the deck, smelling the flowers and chasing birds that he will never actually catch.  He is declawed in the front so I still worry he will get into trouble, but so far so good.

IMG00276-20110723-1053

I let him out last night while we went for drinks over by the neighbors (yes, Jamie finally met them!) and Charlie seemed to have disappeared.  I kept calling for him and even tried scooping his food into his bowl, but he was either too far away or wasn’t interested.  Well, at 5:30 AM, heard him meowing outside our bedroom window so I let him back in.  I think he’s exhausted from his overnight adventures because he hasn’t gotten off the couch yet!

IMG00384-20110827-1007

No comments: