Sunday, August 7, 2011

Owl Beanie

owl beanieWhen I was on the Toad’s Treasures website I browsed through the other free patterns and I found this cute owl beanie hat and thought it would be so cute to add to the stuffed owl. 

 

 

I bought some warm brown fleece and used the fabric from the stuffed owl to make this beanie hat.  Again, the tutorial is at Toad’s Treasures.  Here’s how mine went…

Main hat:

010

Face:

011

Eyes:

013

Nose:

014

Sew it all together!

015

This time I ironed on the brown eyes to the white circles, then sewed the eyes onto the face with a straight stitch.  Forget the zigzag, I just can’t do it. 

The pattern is for a 22” head (Jake size), so I used the hospital cap that Jake had to size it down for the baby gift.  And, since I had so much fabric, I decided to make one for Jake too!

016

I haven’t decided if I’m going to fray the bottom.  I will probably leave that up to the Mom to be.  Here’s a blurry picture of Jake wearing his beanie (he doesn’t understand the concept of sitting still).

001 - Copy

What do you think, should I fray the bottom???

No comments: