Friday, September 30, 2011

I hate to admit it…

but I think I’m getting old.

I love birthdays and always enjoy the next year and what it might bring, but lately I’ve noticed a few changes…

1. Grey hair.  I’ve been avoiding this for a while, but I have lots of grey hair.  I pull them out whenever I have the time, but it takes so much time now!  It used to be that I would take 10 min every month or so and pluck them out, but these days it’s 30 min every week.  I’ve never permanently dyed my hair, but I am giving it serious thought.  The main reason I haven’t isn’t because I believe in natural beauty (although it is partly the reason) but because it costs so dang much to do it and keep it up.

2. AM talk radio.  I used to hate listening to talk radio anytime.  I have a 35 min drive to and from work and was constantly changing the station looking for music.  But lately I’ve been listening to AM620 every morning and evening on my drives.  I think it started when I didn’t change it after listening to a Brewer game one night.  I actually admit that I enjoy this over music.

3. Forgetfulness.  And I don’t mean, where did I put my keys.  Common questions I ask these days are:  When is Jake’s birthday?  What are the words to that song that I sing him to bed every night?  What did I do yesterday?  Was I supposed to do something today?  What day is it?  Did I pay that bill?  How old am I? 

People will say the forgetfulness is just because I’m a Mom.  But I’m not sleep deprived nor do I have a kid with a million extracurricular activities that I have to remember.  I’m not sure why I am so forgetful.  Maybe I’m in denial that I don’t look like I’m in my 20’s anymore.  Or maybe I pulled one too many grey hairs and I accidently started pulling neurons out. 

No comments: