Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard of 2011

It isn’t often that we get Blizzards, but today it shut down most of SE Wisconsin.  We got about 14” of snow but the wind was so forceful that the drifts were 2-3’ in some places.  Jamie braved the weather and took care of the snow, then Jake and I got bundled up in snow pants, jacket, hat, gloves and boots for some snow fun.  The snow bank at the end of the driveway was about twice the height of Jake.  I put Jake in his sled and pulled him around the yard, which was hard because I kept sinking down to my knees!  I remember seeing pictures that my parents took of us kids when there were huge snow falls, and although we didn’t get quite that much, it was still fun to get pictures of Jake with the snow.

 Blizzard Feb 2011 pic1 Blizzard Feb 2011 pic2 Blizzard Feb 2011 pic3 

Charlie got out of the house and tried to escape.  He didn’t get very far though.  He’s probably wondering what happened outside!

Blizzard Feb 2011 pic5Blizzard Feb 2011 pic4

No comments: