Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Cell Phones


We went to Best Buy yesterday and signed up for new cell phones. We switched from Sprint to AT&T and we both got the LG Shine phone. Mine is silver and Jamie's is black. With the new phones we also downloaded new ringtones. Jamie went with the same annoying Pantera song he has had for the past two years. I was thinking of keeping the Four Tops "I Can't Help Myself" but decided it was time for a change. I was debating between Marvin Gaye's "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" or Steve Miller's "The Joker" but in the end the Grapevine won out.

I prefer to have a song that everyone knows. I do like some of the newer songs, but they tend to get overplayed on the radio and then they just become annoying. With the Four Tops, people in stores that heard my phone ring started smiling and some even told me that they liked the song (something I am sure Jamie has never had happen). I will have to see how people respond to the Grapevine, but I am pretty sure it will get a similar reaction.

No comments: