Friday, March 6, 2009

R-rated movies

I was in line at the redbox and the woman in front of me was asking her son who looked no older than 8 what movie he wanted to rent. He wanted to see AVP: Alien vs Predator and her response was: "I don't know anything about that one, are you sure you want to see that more than The Dark Knight?" I really wanted to say something, but I held my tongue.

Jamie and I were just discussing how R-rated movies 10 yrs ago would be considered PG-13 these days. I know I saw R-rated movies before I was 17, but I think I was maybe 15 or 16. I think parents really need to watch the movie first to decide if it is appropriate for their children to see. I know my parents were pretty strict on the movies I was allowed to see, but that is their duty as parents.

I rented Australia tonight and Jamie fell asleep within the first 1/2 hour and I lost interest after the first 10 minutes. Maybe we will give it another shot tomorrow afternoon before we have to return it.

No comments: